Interactive Design | Project 1: Prototype Design (Digital Resume/ CV)

13.05.2024 - 31.05.2024 || Week 04 - Week 06
Hanson Pea Wei Hao || 0359463
Interactive Design || Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media || Taylor's University
Task 1: Prototype Design (Digital Resume/ CV)

Lists





Instructions


In this part of the assignment, we will need to focus on creating a UI design prototype for our digital resume or curriculum vitae (CV) using prototyping software such as Adobe XD or Figma. 

Sketch Idea:

fig 1.1, 5 Sketch idea
Among all the sketch ideas, I choose Idea number 2 for my main design.

Color Palette:
For the color palette, I have chosen some popular colors from Coolors.

Fig 1.2, Color palette 1

Fig1.3, color palette 2

Fig 1.4, Color palette 3

Fig 1.4, Color palette 4

Fig 1.5, color palette 5

Among all the color palettes, It was really suffers to choose one to work with, so I experimented and chose palette 4 for my final color choice.

Digitalize it in Figma:

After I have chosen the sketch and color, I start to digitalize everything and try the digitalize in Figma.

Fig 1.6, First draft and trial

For the Fonts, I have used Katibeh for all of my fonts, because the fonts look clean and attract to me.

Fig 1.7, first finalize

After I had done this poster I forgot to add the project, so I immediately added the project part to it.

Fig 1.8, First draft for hand in

After getting feedback from Mr. Samshul, he reminded me that the color chosen can try to be professional a bit because my color choice was a bit too dazzling. The other part doesn't seem like a big problem, just too much empty space can try to make it full a bit.

 I redo my arrangement of the box and some of the detail first and this is what it looks like.

Fig 1.9, Fixing about the arrangements and detail

after the arrangement is done start choosing my color for changing and make it more professional. After some experiments, I decided to use the color palette 2 from my idea. 

Fig 1.10, color palette chosen for final

Fig 1.11, trial 1

Fig 1.12, trial 2

Fig 1.13, trial 3

Fig 1.14, trial 4

After doing for few trials, I have overcome all the mistakes made and created my final result.

Final Outcome

Fig 1.15, Final Prototype Design (JPEG)

Fig 1.16, Final Prototype Design(PDF)


Feedbacks


Week 6:
General Feedback: I should try more color choices in my idea.
Specific Feedback: the design idea is good, but having too many empty spaces and lots of unnecessary accessories. Color choosing is interesting but doesn't look that professional.


Reflections

I really enjoyed this task, it let me understand how to make a website look good and have a good reading experience for the viewer. It also taught me how important details to make a good website like color choice, typography, fonts, and arrangement of the layout. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography/ Task 1:Exercise

Digital photography & Imaging / Task 1

Typography: Task 3: Type Design and Communication