Interactive Design | Project 3: Creating a Single-Page Website

04.07.24 - 03.08.24 | Week 11 - 15
Hanson Pea Wei Hao || 0359463
Interactive Design || Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media || Taylor's University
Project 3: Creating a Single-Page Website

Lists




Instructions



In this web design project, I need to create a single-page website dedicated to my favorite topic. This project will help to develop my web design and development skills while allowing me to showcase my passion for the topic of my choice.

For Artist Selection, I have chosen IU which is a very famous K-pop for my website. After doing some references. I have made a proposal for it and ask feedback from Mr. Shamsul.

Proposal:


After getting approval from Mr. Shamsul, I started working on the prototype and this is what the phototype looks like.
Fig 1.1, Prototype for website

I started building code based on this prototype.
Fig 1.2, First page of the website

After doing the first version of my website, I got some feedback from my friend and realized that my code was not that mobile-friendly. SO I refix the code to make it mobile friendly.


Fig 1.3, mobile not friendly pic

Fig 1.4, mobile not friendly pic

I decided to add a social page which is not in my prototype but facing so many problems and bugs. which either will stick to my footer or cannot align well on my phone.

Fig 1.5, The first version of social media

Fig 1.6, some bugs appear in the website

After fixing a lot of bugs and making my code mobile-friendly below is the final result.

Fig 1.7, Proof for mobile friend


Final Outcome

<A Fan Page For IU>



Reflections

I really enjoyed this task, it let me know more about how to make a proper website from my own experience. Doing research making my own prototype and building a responsive website for it. I need to say coding is really addictive to me, every time I do a feature, I will continue to build another feature because I find some of the code is really interesting to build. the only things I don't really like about code are when I face bugs and can't find them and spend lots of time finding and fixing bugs. fixing bugs is really challenging and takes lots of time. It really feels great when you get to fixing a bug after being stuck in a bug is so a long time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography/ Task 1:Exercise

Digital photography & Imaging / Task 1

Typography: Task 3: Type Design and Communication