Digital Photography and Imaging | Task 3: Self Tittle

11 December 2023-  07 January 2024 / (Week 12 - Week 14)
Hanson Pea Wei Hao / 0359463 / Section 02
Digital photography and Imaging / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in creative media
Task 3:  Self-titled


Lists



INSTRUCTIONS

 
For the final project, we needed to create an artwork about our interests, passions, and dreams and then animate it through Adobe After Effects.

Idea development :

A biography of myself :
Intro:
My name is Hanson, born and bred in Malaysia. I am a very introverted person. this was the first semester of my degree, and I always feel like time always ticking away from me.

Paragraph 1:
I like to travel to a new place take some cool photos of myself or sit in a quiet café, or beside my window. Enjoy the quiet moment with a cup of coffee or tea. Other than that, I am a night person who likes to play games every night and enjoys lots of music, for now, I would like to say I like to listen to music which is with vocal and Edm.

Paragraph 2:
My family’s support and my feeling of hope, I feel that everything is possible when I feel I can do it.

Summary:
I want to use neon-style posters, which I always want to do a cool style of myself.

A statement about my work :

Intro:
I would like to use neon-style posters to represent different me. Which is the real me.

Paragraph 1:
I want to bring out something that was happening to me now my current thoughts and my current life. About me, a person who likes to live at night time. As my quote “One night shines the night” , it’s mean “ No matter how many times the night comes, there will always be one person who will shine in the dark night with his own happiness.”

Paragraph 2:
No matter when your own happiness is the most important, only your happiness can ignite this boring night.

Summary:
my quote will be "One light shines the night"


Sketch, Rational, and Moodboard board:

fig 1.1, Concept Board (13/12/2023)

3 posters for mood board reference:
Fig 1.2, Reference 1 (15/12/2023)

Fig 1.3, Reference 2 (15/12/2023)

Fig 1.4, Reference 3 (15/12/2023)

So, based on these three references, I did sketch a quite speed drawing about what I gonna do for my poster and video as well.

Fig 1.5 and 1.6, Sketch For before and after (15/12/2023)

After having the sketch, I start working on my poster.
Mr. Martin brought us to the studio to take some of our pictures to let us do our Photoshop work with correct lightning.



Fig 1.7 and 1.8, photo of me of the original and after masking out (16/12/2023)

After having the masking object, I start to photoshop myself into a neon city I find.
Fig 1.9 , Me in Neon City (17/12/2023)

For the color to mix with the background, I changed my color to make it more mixed to the background.

Fig 1.10, A try-on neon (18/12/2023)

And I did learn some new things on YouTube. Which is learning how to create neon colors around me
other than that, based on the background I trying to draw I did create it to become a logo to act as my gaming logo.
Fig 1.11, Background create on A try-on neon (18/12/2023)

Fig 1.12, Logo create (18/12/2023)

After learning about how to create neon items, I try Using it on all the items I gonna edit in my picture. For the first, I add neon on the fonts and logo that I create.

Fig 1.13, "Scartype"(19/12/2023)

Fig 1.14, first version poster (19/12/2023)

After that I felt like this poster was still empty as a poster and video as well, So I neon some of the other things like flame, Hourglass, coffee, and musical notes.

Fig 1.15, Second Version of poster.(19/12/2023)

So after I had all the material I needed, I started making videos by using Adobe After Effects.

Fig 1.16,  the process in after-effect (20/12/2023)

After showing my first video to Mr. Martin, he suggested I create more contrast in my video. like different colors to make it stand out more. So, I used the effect in After Effects to create different color exposures In After Effect.

Fig 1.17, Add on Color exposure (04/1/2024)

Final Outcome:

Fig 1.18, Final Poster: "The Night of Me"(04/1/2024)

ARTIST STATEMENT:
I did a neon-style poster, the concept is to bring out and illustrate my thoughts and current happening things. No matter how many times the night comes, there will always be one person who will shine in the dark night with his own happiness. Enjoy the life you are doing right now, Enjoy the moment it happens right now. If you find out life is hard, you will always find something that makes you happy.



Fig 1.19, Final Video: "The Night of Me"(04/1/2024)


FEEDBACK

Do some contrast on your video. like different colors to make it stand out more.


REFLECTION

I have to say that this last assignment was the happiest and most stressful part for me. This is because it's a combination of all three core subjects made into one assignment. The hardest part I think is the ideas in my mind kept coming up and I was a little overwhelmed. But through the overall coursework, I am very happy that I have learned a lot of skills that I didn't expect to learn before. When I found that my work was taking shape step by step, I felt proud and joy in my heart. I need to say that learning Adobe Photoshop changed me a lot in life, it's let my shooting idea no longer be an idea, but allow me to make ideas show up in real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography/ Task 1:Exercise

Digital photography & Imaging / Task 1

Typography: Task 3: Type Design and Communication